Ever since he was orphaned, Thirumaran has given blood and he set up a "Blood Donor Club" with eleven of his friends in 1987 to encourage others to do the same.
He has donated his own O+ve blood 51 times and has been recognised many times.
This Awareness Drive is a big project, aiming to reach over 100,000 people and start 30-40 new Blood Donor Clubs over three states Tamilnadu, Puducherry and Bangalore, in Karnataka. The 6800 km journey will raise awareness of TRUST Children Home as well as the vital work of Blood Donation.
The project has been supported by many people and organisations including RajTV, STAR Health, Century Fireworks, Einstein Engineering College, Ponra Hospital in Tirunelveli and many individuals. The vehicle was provided for TRUST Children's Homes in 2015 by the Batchworth Trust in the UK.
Film super star Mr. Rajinikanth sent greetings on 9th Feb, 2017 and Thirumaran's students of 1996 are going to support him all the way.
The Awareness Drive for Blood Donation started with a press meeting at which the former chief minister of Tamilnadu Mr. Kamaraj’s granddaughter Mrs. Sulochana added her support.
Click on any image to see a larger view
- Thirumaran has finished his “Awareness Drive on Blood Donation”, arriving back home in Vengadampatty on the 25th February at midnight.
- 38 “Blood Donors’ Club” were started all over Tamilnadu.
- 1,40,000 handbills in the name of TRUST Children Home were distributed.
- Blood donation awareness was created in all the districts of Tamilnadu as well as Puduchery and Bangalore.
- Margosa (Neem) seeds were sown on the way.
- The decorated “Bolero” did its role perfectly. No punctures, no break downs, no accidents! (Thanks to Mr. Angus and the Batchworth Trust for this wonderful vehicle).
Thirumaran's students helped him in all the districts.
A meeting with the film super star Mr. Rajinikanth finished the programme. It was a wonderful meeting.
Thanks for all your blessings!